Help The Animals By Volunteering
Staffy Rescue is a rescue group saving Staffordshire bull terriers and larger breed dogs from pounds across NSW.
Staffy Rescue rescues dogs from the pound and kennels them at their shelter in North Western Sydney. The dogs are all cared for at our shelter until someone comes along to give them a forever home. The dogs are loved and cared for no matter how long it takes for them to find their forever homes.
Rescuing dogs means there’s always a lot of work to do, and Staffy Rescue always need extra hands to help with the dogs.
- Have a genuine love of dogs and a genuine desire to help rescue dogs and make a difference to their lives?
- Have confidence, ability and experience with handling dogs?
- Able to follow procedures and take directions?
- Happy to undergo some basic training from the experienced volunteers at the kennels?
- Able to make a commitment to volunteering – even if just a 3 hour visit to the kennels once a week?
How you can help as a volunteer?
There are many ways that volunteers can help, and make a difference to the lives of the dogs at the Staffy Rescue shelter.
These include training or walking the dogs, spending time playing and helping to socialise the dogs or just sitting quietly with a dog – all things that help to brighten the day of the dogs in our care and relief their boredom and stress.
There are also lots of other jobs to be done in and around the kennels to keep the dogs safe and secure.
If you are interested in finding out more about what’s involved in volunteering, please click here to fill out the volunteer form.